[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D possible bug in internal mesher

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Jan 13 09:18:41 PST 2012

Dear Valentin,

You are right. Sorry about the problem. It seems it went undetected
because in many examples we use the file resolution is the same in both
directions and thus spacing_x_interface_bottom = spacing_y_interface_bottom.

I have fixed the bug and committed the changes to SVN.
(we will also release a new tar file in a few days).

Thank you very much for sending this bug report,

On 01/13/2012 10:19 AM, Valentin Pavlov wrote:
> Dear SPECFEM3D Developers,
>
> I think there is a bug in the meshfem3D program, both in the V2.0.1
> distribution, and in the SVN development version.
>
> Please look at SVN, meshfem3D.f90, as of version 18219, line 626. It reads:
>
> icornerlat = int((lat - orig_y_interface_bottom) /
> spacing_*x*_interface_bottom) + 1
>
> I think this should read
>
> icornerlat = int((lat - orig_y_interface_bottom) /
> spacing_*y*_interface_bottom) + 1
>
> instead.
>
> best regards,
> - Dr. Valentin Pavlov
> CTO, VPR&D
> Rila Solutions EAD
> 1113 Sofia, Bulgaria
> Acad. G. Bonchev str., bl. 27
> +359 2 970 96 100
> http://www.rila.com

Dimitri Komatitsch - komatitsch aT lma.cnrs-mrs.fr