[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D_GLOBE - Memory issues when compiling the code

Shahar Barak shaharb at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 1 11:04:44 PST 2012

Hi,

I've encountered problems compiling the SPECFEM3D_GLOBE code due to not
enough memory.
My tests show that for a 1 chunk, 5ded x 5deg, model, the maximum number of
elements (NEX_XI) I could use is 128. However, for a whole earth model (6
chunks), I was able to get to 448 elements. All the other parameters were
the same, except of course for the Absorbing conditions parameter.
Why is that?

Thanks,

Shahar

--