[CIG-SEISMO] Source time function

Xatun Mus patiman321 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 07:24:16 PDT 2012

Hello,

Thank you for the reply on the question of what type of source time
function does SPECFEM3D calls in the elastic case, however, I still
have a question, when I apply the deconvolution of the synthetic data
(the data created by half time duration set to 0.05) with the Green's
function (both are in elastic case where the USE_FORCE_POINT is set to
false), the result I am getting is a Ricker wavelet; While my
plot_source_time_function.txt is a Heaviside function, I don't
understand why I am not getting a Heaviside function out of my
deconvolution as a result and I don't know where in the SPECFEM3D code
actually the real source time function changes itself to a Ricker
wavelet in the elastic case even the USE_FORCE_POINT is set to false.
Thank you again for your kind help in advance.

Best Regards,
Fatimah