[CIG-SEISMO] creating mesh file for a pipe model

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Apr 24 09:27:15 PDT 2013

Dear Volan Hu,

I assume the pipe itself will be a free surface, thus I think you only
need xmin and xmax (if you want to put absorbing conditions there), and
nothing else.
(in finite-element methods such as the SEM, if you impose nothing, you
automatically get a free surface).

We have never tried but I think it should work. Please let me know, I am
interested in the answer (we have begun to use SPECFEM3D for industrial
problems that do not involve seismic waves / earthquakes).

Thank you,
Dimitri.