[CIG-SEISMO] Internal meshing structure in Cubit

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 28 12:58:02 PDT 2013

On 08/28/2013 01:16 AM, s.khan-1 at utwente.nl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When we generate a mesh in Cubit it is always created on the sides of the volume.
> 1. Is there any internal mesh structure inside the volume?
> 2. If there is, how can we see it?
>
> I wana find out what would be the effect on the internal structure of the volume when we alter the surface or vertices along the surface?
>
> Thanks in advance and I would be grateful for response.
>
> Best regards,
> Saad Khan

CUBIT only shows the mesh on the boundary surfaces. If you select a
volume, the number of elements and nodes will be included in the volume
attributes panel on the left side.

The quality checking tools allow you to threshold the display of cells
based on element quality if you are concerned about cell quality.

You can see the wireframe of the entire mesh in ParaView if you export
an exodus file from CUBIT and load it into ParaView and select the
Extract Edges filter. ParaView also allows you to use clipping planes,
etc and threshold based on fields, including element and node number.
See the ParaView documentation for more info.