[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM3D_Cartesian: accuracy in model with water layer

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Feb 27 02:46:17 PST 2013

Hello,

In such a case, what you need to do is set the "OCEANS" flag to .false.
and then mesh the ocean i.e. the fluid layer explicitly using CUBIT (or
any other mesher). This will work fine (if you manage to create a good
mesh).

I guess we should rename the "OCEANS" flag to "APPROXIMATE_OCEAN_LOAD"
or something like that to avoid confusion.

Best wishes,
Dimitri.