[CIG-SEISMO] Noise simulation in SPECFEM2D

Yingzi Ying yingzi.ying at me.com
Mon Jan 28 15:56:57 PST 2013

Hi Yang,

I checked the code "noise_tomography.f90" again and attached a snip bellow
   elseif( time_function_type == 4 ) then
     !reproduce time function from Figure 2a of Tromp et al. 2010
     do it = 1,NSTEP
       t = it*deltat
       time_function_noise(it) = factor_noise * &
        4.*aval**2. * (3. - 12.*aval*(t-t0)**2. +
4.*aval**2.*(t-t0)**4.) * &
        exp(-aval*(t-t0)**2.)
     enddo

Is there should be a "-" sign before "factor_noise"? If I did this, the
result will be just corrected, even the length of cross-correlation is
still in controversial.

Best,
Yingzi