[CIG-SEISMO] Asking about the SPECFEM3D

Jungrak SON jrson2011 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 13:21:27 PDT 2013

Dear great CIG researchers,

  My name is Jungrak Son, the Geophysics student in Texas. Last week I
asked how to compile SPECFEM3D and thankfully I got a kind answer. Sorry to
bother you again but let me ask you one more.

It's about xcheck_mesh_quality_CUBIT_Abaqus.

  1> When I execute the file, it asks 3 options. The user manual says all
the mesh quality should be below 0.75. If I want to try this, is this right
way to choose option "1" and enter minimum value "0.75"??

  2> Is this execute file runs though all the .inp files in example folder?
or how can I set only one exact .inp file to check mesh quality? such as
another file in Cubit folder?  When I try this, it reads only file in
example/layered_halfspace/layered_halfspace_mesh.inp.

  3> I found that OpenDX is an IBM visualization software. Can we visually
check mesh quality with this software? Then where is the output file of
OpenDX format?

 I feel really sorry for asking about all tedious processes, even though
you made an awesome user manual. However, it seems a little difficult to
follow for a beginner who tries Linux software first time. Could you send
me a simple tutoring file for students, if you have, which describes all
the exact "linux commands" to run a simple example in this package?

Appreciate for your help and I hope your happy summer.

- Jungrak Son
MS student at TAMU