[CIG-SEISMO] Mesh2vtu installation

gmatharu at eos.ubc.ca gmatharu at eos.ubc.ca
Thu Mar 14 16:16:12 PDT 2013

Hi

I have been running some kernel simulations and would like to view my
output. However I've been running into difficulties with the installation
of mesh2vtu. I browsed through the archives and other instances of
mesh2vtu installation problems and tried to cover any issues present in
those examples.
(Both SPECFEM3D and SPECFEM3D Globe scripts fail)

I have VTK installed in my home directory i.e

/home/gmatharu/PACKAGES/BUILDS/VTK

My Makefile (modified version Peter Danecek supplied in CIG archives)
looks like this

VTK_PREFIX = /home/gmatharu/PACKAGES/BUILDS/VTK
PREFIX     = $(HOME)/bin

INCLUDES   =-I$(VTK_PREFIX)/include/vtk-$(VER_VTK)
LIBS       =-L$(VTK_PREFIX)/lib/vtk-$(VER_VTK)

At this point I run the make and the installation fails giving me a range
of errors.

I have attached the error output in a text file. If anyone has any
suggestions on ways to resolve the error they would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Gian Matharu