[CIG-SEISMO] cubit2specfem3d.py problem

emanuele casarotti emanuele.casarotti at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 10:22:13 PST 2013

hi all,

if you want to use that script outside the cubit gui, you need to set
the path of cubit....
if you are using the last version of the code on the svn the approach
is different from block_mesh.py since we have substituted the
cubit2specfem3d.py script with the geocubit library

consider that we are restyling the examples so the following links
will be not available in the future....

I assume that you are using the last version of the code in the svn

if you want to use that script outside the cubit gui, you need to set
the path of cubit....

see here for more information
https://github.com/casarotti/GEOCUBIT--experimental/wiki/_pages

or

the last version of the svn repository
http://www.geodynamics.org/wsvn/cig/seismo/3D/SPECFEM3D/trunk/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/

and this examples

http://www.geodynamics.org/wsvn/cig/seismo/3D/SPECFEM3D/trunk/examples/homogeneous_halfspace_HEX8_elastic_absorbing_Stacey_5sides/

but here you can find some examples when you have already a mesh

https://github.com/casarotti/GEOCUBIT--experimental/wiki/2-LAYERS:-USING-GEOCUBIT-IN-THE-CUBIT-GUI,-DEFINING-BOUNDARY-CONDITIONS

as block_mesh.py did