[CIG-SEISMO] How to determine moment tensor in SPECFEM2D

汪昕 peterxin8023sara at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 07:12:50 PST 2014

Hi, Carl,

Thanks a lot for your replying.

Regarding to moment tensor in 2D for a pure shear source, you are right
about the components. so, for me, i am trying to use the classical formulas
to calculate these components and that is case of 3D.  I cannot find the
way to determine moment tensor in plain-strain problems in papers or
reports, so can you give me some better solutions if i want use moment
tensor as seismic source in 2D? Thanks a lot!

Xin