[CIG-SEISMO] Cubit Import Error

s.khan at utwente.nl s.khan at utwente.nl
Mon Feb 24 19:17:30 PST 2014

Dear All,

I have started working with development version. I am following the long version of step-by-step tutorial.

The tutorial says:

If successful, this will generate the files in src/shared/: Makefile, constants.h, and precision.h, among others
I can find constant.h, precision.h but not Makefile.h. This was also the case in the older version 2.1. Is this something to worry about?

When I reach to making mesh, i receive cubit import error: (details available in attachment)

user:~/specfem3d/examples/homogeneous_halfspace$ ./make_mesh.sh
[('--build_volume', ''), ('--mesh', ''), ('--cfg', 'homogeneous_halfspace.cfg')] []
None None
1 1
error importing cubit
error importing cubit, check if cubit is installed
error importing cubit
[('--collect', ''), ('--meshfiles', 'MESH_GEOCUBIT/mesh_vol_0.e'), ('--export2SPECFEM3D', ''), ('--SEMoutput', 'MESH')] []
None None
1 1
error importing cubit

There are few thing I am not sure about (highlighted in the attached doc). I don't know whether they are responsible for it? Do I need to set paths manually?
Is there any example script like 'block_mesh.py' in version2.1 for development version? Because I also tried making mesh with same type of script but boundary_deffinition.py and cubit2specfem3d.py are not working for it.

Thanks in advace.

Best regards,
Saad Khan