[CIG-SEISMO] Question about Specfem 3D

Carl Tape carltape at gi.alaska.edu
Thu Jan 2 22:45:45 PST 2014

Dear Yuting:

Please try the latest version of SPECFEM3D, which can be obtained with
the command

git clone --recursive https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem3d SPECFEM3D

Then try the example in
SPECFEM3D/examples/homogeneous_halfspace/

You are trying this example, but with an older version of the code.

Today I checked out the code and followed the instructions (in the
README) from scratch, and I reproduced the mesh and seismograms in
this example.

Good luck!

Carl

Carl Tape