[CIG-SEISMO] Fwd: Movie Creation Error

John Cooper nhojcooper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 14:36:57 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: John Cooper <nhojcooper at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 3:33 AM
Subject: Movie Creation Error
To: cig-seismo at geodynamics.org

Dear CIG community,

I simulated my model. I want to create a movie which is giving me the error
message (below). I tried in many different ways, but non of them work.
Could somebody kindly tell me where I am doing wrong? I would be really
grateful, Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
John
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
svr:~/SPECFEM3D/examples/final/bin$ ./xcreate_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT

 Recombining all movie frames to create a movie

 reading parameter file

   moviedata element surfaces:         3136
   moviedata total elements all:        12544

 Vertical displacement will be shown in movie

 1 = create files in OpenDX format
 2 = create files in AVS UCD format
 3 = create files in GMT xyz Ascii long/lat/Uz format
 any other value = exit

 enter value:
1
 movie frames have been saved every          200  time steps

 enter first time step of movie (e.g. 1, enter -1 for shaking map)
-200
 enter last time step of movie (e.g.       120000 )
120000

 1 = define file names using frame number
 2 = define file names using time step number
 any other value = exit

 enter value:
1

 looping from         -200  to       120000  every          200  time steps

 total number of frames will be          602

 movie data:
 1= norm of velocity  2=velocity x-comp 3=velocity y-comp 4=velocity z-comp

4

 there are a total of         3136  elements at the surface

 reading snapshot time step         -200  out of       120000

* error: ../in_out_files/OUTPUT_FILES//moviedata*******
*STOP error opening moviedata file*

*# sometimes the error is like this (e.g. 800 instead of -200 time step)*
*At line 324 of file ../shared//create_movie_shakemap_AVS_DX_GMT.f90 (unit
= 41, file = '../in_out_files/OUTPUT_FILES//moviedata000800')*
*Fortran runtime error: I/O past end of record on unformatted file*