[CIG-SEISMO] Meet problems with Gmsh in specfem2d

fxavier.quencez at free.fr fxavier.quencez at free.fr
Tue Nov 18 03:27:12 PST 2014

Dear Mrs.

In advance, sorry for my english.

I encount some problems in Specfem2d based with this example : Gmsh_example_Stacey_serial. In fact, the problem occurs when I try to create my own project. I make an exact copy of this example and the only thing I change is the .msh file. I kept exactly the same parameters and I used the .geo file with Gmsh in order to generate my own .msh file, just to see what's happened. And... unfortunately, it doesn't work. Strangely, in my .msh file, the number of Nodes is only 2 500 instead of 12 000 in the original file. But the number of Elements are approximately the same : 2 500 - 3 000.

Could you explain me why this problem occurs ? How to do to fix this ? How do you create your original .msh file ? Is there a specific parameters to be adjusted ?

In advance, thank you.

Quencez François-Xavier