[CIG-SEISMO] Determine/set frequencies in specfem3d simulation

Michael Reinwald mchlrnwld at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 05:44:55 PST 2015

Dear all,

I am trying to use specfem3d (together with cubit) for a rather unusual
purpose.
I want to investigate acoustic wave propagation on a rather small scale
(skulls of different animals) with rather high frequencies (audible range ~
1-10kHz).

I somehow can not find a simple method to define the range or value of the
frequency like in specfem2d.
(See line 16 in
https://github.com/geodynamics/specfem2d/blob/master/DATA/SOURCE)

How can I be sure I am using the right band of frequencies?

Are there any other known problems when using specfem3d for this kind of
simulation testbed?

Thanks in advance for any kind of help!

Best,
Michae