[CIG-SEISMO] Is anyone interested in teaching a SPECFEM tutorial at Indiana University August 3-7?

Jeroen Tromp jtromp at princeton.edu
Sat May 9 06:15:46 PDT 2015

Dear all:

Is anyone interested in teaching a SPECFEM tutorial at Indiana
University August 3-7 as part of a US Array short course? The course
organizers are Gary Pavlis, Mike Brudzinski, and Chuck Ammon. Travel
expenses would be covered.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Description by Andy Frassetto from IRIS:

This entails spending a day with the course, giving a
lecture/demo/tutorial/exercise/etc. in either the morning or afternoon
and interacting with students. I think a hands-on tutorial would be
great, and we could probably budget a couple hours on it. If there was
someone who was interested, we'd that they participate in a couple
planning calls over the next few months to fine tune how their content
fits with the overall goals of the course (teaching researchers how to
assemble, process, and analyze large datasets) and the other
instructors' content.