[CIG-SEISMO] Changing 3d crustal model in SPECFEM3D_globe

Eva Golos emgolos at mit.edu
Thu Apr 14 12:03:17 PDT 2016

Hello,

I didn't get a response after posting this question several weeks ago, but
I thought I'd try again because this is still giving me a bit of a
headache. I'm trying to generate synthetic seismograms using
SPECFEM3D_globe, for an original 3d velocity model with crustal and mantle
components. I've successfully used the PPM model feature to modify the
mantle while keeping the default crust2.0 values. I've also successfully
used the crustmaps feature with the default 1d PREM mantle model. But I
can't seem to combine the PPM mantle model with the crustmaps to get both
crustal and mantle substitution. I get the following error:

 Error model crustmap
 Error detected, aborting MPI... proc            0

Which seems to be arising from difficulties in reading the crustmap files.

Any insights? Has anyone successfully used both the PPM and crustmaps
features simultaneously?

Otherwise, is there a way to extend the PPM model into the crust?

Thanks!
Eva

--

Eva Golos