[CIG-SEISMO] Negative Jacobian in specfem2d

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Aug 3 06:43:11 PDT 2016

Hi Jami,

Thanks! Probably mesh quality that is not good enough, two elements that
are almost flat. Try to see the quality histogram in Gmsh to see if
these two elements are poor (in which case even if you manage to run
that mesh in SPECFEM2D it will likely blow up). There is also a tool for
that in SPECFEM2D:

src/auxiliaries/check_quality_external_mesh.f90

If it turns out to be a bug in the code (unlikely, but worth checking)
please let us know.

Thanks,
Best wishes,

Dimitri.