[CIG-SEISMO] meshfem3D/simple_model : view results in paraview (mesh, fields)

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Fri Dec 2 03:21:49 PST 2016

Hello,

How to see specfem results (mesh, fields) in paraview ? Is it possible
?

I am new to specfem3d. I try to handle the code with the simple example
meshfem3D/simple_model (I do not have CUBIT so I use xmeshfem3D). I have
meshed and ran the code successfully.

I expected to find a hdf5/xmf files in the OUTPUT_FILES directory but
there is no such file. I tried to use adios but, after installing adios,
configure --with-adios stops with a fatal error as it does not find the
adios lib. I tried to set CREATE_ABAQUS_FILES / CREATE_VTK_FILES to
.true. in the Mesh_Par_file to get files I could visualize in paraview
but it doesn't produce any new files in the OUTPUT_FILES directory
(note: in the Par_file, I have set to .true. all these keywords :
SAVE_MESH_FILES, SAVE_SEISMOGRAMS_DISPLACEMENT,
SAVE_SEISMOGRAMS_VELOCITY, SAVE_SEISMOGRAMS_ACCELERATION).

I have a sr.vtk produced in the OUTPUT_FILES directory (with or without
CREATE_VTK_FILES), but, no vtk files for mesh or fields (or no hdf5-xmf
neither).

How can I visualize the simulation (mesh, fields) in paraview ?

Franck