[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D code became unstable and blew up

Parvathy Sindhu Nair pnai558 at aucklanduni.ac.nz
Thu Feb 11 12:46:09 PST 2016

Hi
I'm a summer research student working with SPECFEM2D software and while
running the simulation I'm getting this error

*Warning: failed creating color image, maximum value of amplitude in image
color is invalid amplitude max =    3.7316137641792927E+025  with threshold
at    1.0000000000000001E+025 Please check your simulation setup... code
became unstable and blew up (image_color_data) Error detected, aborting
MPI... proc            0STOP error, program ended in exit_MPI*
I'm not sure why this is happening. I used source wave frequency of 100Hz,
with mesh file thickness to be 5m. My CFL stability condition was 0.44 and
my  histogram of min number of points per S wavelength in solid regions and
P wavelength in fluid region were in the normal region. But in the output
snapshot my wave suddenly disappears (I've attached my snapshots here).
Could someone help me with this?
Thanking you
Yours truly
Parvathy Sindhu Nair