[CIG-SEISMO] MPI setting (?) in SPECFEM3D

Kenichi Tsuda kenichi.tsuda at shimz.co.jp
Sat Feb 27 00:23:51 PST 2016

Dear

My name is Kenichi Tsuda.
I'm working for the private company in Japan
and involving the project using SPECFEM3D related to fault dynamics.

Recently I have updated the latest version of SPECFEM3D package.
Then I tried to run the code and xdecompose_mesh looked working.

However, when I have run the generate_database, I met some errors
showing as follows and stopped the calculation.

 application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 30) - process 57
 application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, 30) - process 17
and
 Error detected, aborting MPI... proc           51
  error sorting MPI interface points:          46
    interface:           6       24207       24192
  error sorting MPI interface
  Error detected, aborting MPI... proc           46
 APPLICATION TERMINATED WITH THE EXIT STRING: Hangup (signal 1)

Even after I updated some codes (using development version) such as the
parallel.f90, the situation is not changed.

When I do the configuration, I set the option
”MPI_INC=/opt/intel/impi/4.0.3.008/intel64/include”

Also the output_mesher.txt has stopped on the following spot
create regions:

   ...allocating arrays
   ... reading            1  faults from file DATA/Par_file_faults
   ...setting up jacobian
   ...indexing global points
   ... resetting up jacobian in fault domains
   ...preparing MPI interfaces

If you have any idea to be corrected or to be checked, please let me know.
I really appreciate your help.

Regards

Kenichi
Kenichi Tsuda, Ph.D.
Earthquake Science & Engineering Group
Center for Safety and Reliability Engineering
Institute of Technology Shimizu Corporation
Phone: +81-3-3820-5652
fax  : +81-3-3820-5959