[CIG-SEISMO] get_attenuation_scale_factor error

Robin Lee robin.lee at pg.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 28 21:31:04 PDT 2016

Hi all,

I've been attempting to implement attenuation in a tomography model which I have been running. It seems to run fine without attenuation, but once I add in Qp and Qs, and set the attenuation to .true. in the Par_file, I get an error in the gen_databases step which states the following:

error : in get_attenuation_scale_factor()
   scale factor:   0.37110551337678144       should be between 0.7 and 1.3
   Q value =    4.3168292045593262       central frequency =    5.3879655900887585E-002
   please check your reference frequency ATTENUATION_f0_REFERENCE in constants.h
 unreliable correction factor in attenuation model
 Error detected, aborting MPI... proc            0
MPI_ABORT was invoked on rank 0 in communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
with errorcode 30.

NOTE: invoking MPI_ABORT causes Open MPI to kill all MPI processes.
You may or may not see output from other processes, depending on
exactly when Open MPI kills them.

I am currently using a simple correlation of Qs=50Vs and Qp=2Qs where Vs is in km/s. I have looked in the constants.h file but cannot actually find the ATTENUATION_f0_REFERENCE parameter. Has anyone experienced this error before, know what is going wrong or know how to fix it?

Regards
Robin

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.