[CIG-SEISMO] Exporting mesh from Trelis to SPECFEM3d

Hom Nath Gharti hgharti at princeton.edu
Tue Mar 29 11:26:56 PDT 2016

Dear Aymen & Junwei,

It seems that CUBIT_GEOCUBIT has some issues in defining the
boundaries if there are internally embedded objects. Automatically
defining boundaries for complicated models is sometimes tricky. I
think Emanuele Casarotti is looking into this issue.

We also use another program (attached) to convert TRELIS/CUBIT file to
SPECFEM3D files. In order to use this program you need to define
element blocks and boundary surfaces yourself in the TRELIS/CUBIT.
This allows you to define boundary surfaces in any complex models.
Additionally, NetCDF (http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/)
library has to be installed. Generally, this is installed by default
in Linux. You can type "ncdump" in your terminal to check whether the
NetCDF is installed.

Step by step instructions are included in README file.

I hope this helps.

PS: This program works only on latest version of TRELIS/CUBIT. Older
versions have slightly different formats. If you have older versions
let me know.

Best,
Hom Nath