[CIG-SEISMO] Compilation error for specfem3D_globe

Julien Chaput jchaput82 at gmail.com
Mon May 30 15:22:57 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm a newbie with specfem3D_globe, and am attempting to generate long coda
(80000s) for arbitrary scattering structures to study the character of coda
correlation functions.
I'm currently running into a compilation problem (i.e. make specfem3D),
though the mesher compiles without issues.
The error I can't seem to get around is this:

src/specfem3D/sepcfem3D_par.F90:402.25
real(kind=CUSTOM_REAL), dimension(:), pointer, contiguous ::
b_rmassz_crust_m
1
Error: Invalid character in name at (1)

This error is flagged at lines 402, 403, 404, 434, 438 581, 582, 612, 616
(before the error count maxes out).

I'm currently using openmpi running on 24 cores, and have configured simply
as:
./configure FC=mpif90 MPIFC=mpif90
(I've also tried setting FC=gfortran to no avail).
Has anyone encountered this sort of thing? As best I can understand (I'm
not a native fortran programmer) it seems to be related to a syntax clash
between fortran compilers.
Thanks

Julien Chaput
Postdoctoral fellow