[CIG-SEISMO] Problems installing newer version of SW4

Manos Klouvidakis manosdor2013 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 15:21:07 PST 2016

Dear Mr Petersson,

I would like to thank you once again for your immidiate response about my
problem...

I have written your error message that you have attached me and as far as I
can see i have to change my pseudocode so in my depth file X varies the
fastest...

But I am concerned that SW4 the way I re-installed can't run a pfile in
Cartesian coordinates... I got the error message (not recognizedor:
processMaterialPfile Error: style= cartesian)...

Is there any problem with my compiler in Fortran (I have Gnu 5.3.1 and in
the installation guide "SW4-Installation.pdf" page 4 you recommend Gnu:
g++/gcc/gfortran versions 4.5 to 4.8)?

Or else, I think i have done all the appropriate steps to re-install SW4 as
you have told me in your reply at "
http://lists.geodynamics.org/pipermail/cig-seismo/2016-November/001134.html
":

i) download the latest version of SW4 via git clone --recursive
https://github.com/geodynamics/sw4.git

ii) open with command "cmake -DTESTING_LEVEL=1 -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug"
(or should i put instead of "Debug" ---> "RelWithDebInfo"?)

iii) then run command "make"

If I misunderstood something between the steps, I would be grateful to send
me the exact steps how to re-install the program from the beginning...

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Thanks in advance,

Manos Klouvidakis