[CIG-SEISMO] Problem in Using Gmsh to build the mesh for SPECFEM3D Cartesian

孫郁勝 shengfantasy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 02:39:54 PDT 2017

Dear CIG-SEISMO members,
We want to use Gmsh to build the mesh in Taiwan region for SPECFEM3D
Cartesian (version 2.0).
First, we had done some simple tests with a cuboid mesh.

(1) The first problem is how to make the mesh with the topography in Gmsh.
(2) We cannot find "constants.h" in package. The file is mentioned
at topography section in the manual.
(3) How to change the horizontal grid size with depth changing?
The grid size is 40mx40m at depth of 100m, and then moves to 2 km, the grid
size transforms to 250mx250m something like that.

Thank you very much
Sincerely,
Yu-Sheng Sun

Department of Earth Sciences, NCU, Taiwan
Special Assistant
TEL: (03)422-7151 #65614
email: shengfantasy at gmail.com