[CIG-SEISMO] Specfem with an altered crustal model

Ebru Bozdag bozdag at mines.edu
Thu Jul 6 17:31:25 PDT 2017

Hi Elodie,

Are you honouring the crustal thickness in your simulations, i.e., are you using

! to suppress element stretching for 3D moho surface
  logical,parameter :: SUPPRESS_MOHO_STRETCHING = .false.

in your constant.h file? If this is the case perhaps after you add perturbations you may also be distorting the mesh aspect ratio at some locations.

Just try to run the mesher and the solver by setting SUPPRESS_MOHO_STRETCHING = .true. and see if you still have the same problem, if you have not tried it yet.

Best regards,
Ebru

Ebru Bozdag
Assistant Professor