[CIG-SEISMO] AGU 2017 session "Theoretical and Computational Frontiers in Seismic Tomography"

Carl Tape ctape at alaska.edu
Fri Jul 21 10:02:03 PDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

Following the tradition of previous years, we invite you to submit
abstracts to our *seismic tomography session *at the AGU Fall Meeting. This
year's focus is on advances in theoretical and computational developments.
The submission deadline is *August 2nd*.

Our invited speakers are two bright PhD students, *Julien Thurin*
(Grenoble) and *Wenjie Lei* (Princeton). More detailed information on the
session can be found below.

Hoping to see you in New Orleans!

Carene Larmat
Monica Maceira
Carl Tape
Andreas Fichtner

*Theoretical and Computational Frontiers in Seismic Tomography*

*Session ID#: *22396
Session Description:
This session offers a platform to present advances in seismic tomography,
with focus on developments that contribute to the improved resolution of 3D
Earth structure at all scales. Of special interest are theoretical and
computational developments in tomography, as well as methods that enable
the exploitation of new massive data volumes from dense networks around the
globe. Possible contributions include novel forward modeling techniques,
advances in seismic interferometry for static and time-variable Earth
structure, inversion and nonlinear optimization techniques, innovative
approaches to uncertainty analysis, machine learning and large-scale data
analysis.
Carl Tape
Associate Professor
Geophysical Institute (office 413D)