[CIG-SEISMO] question about GEOCUBIT

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Sat Jun 17 03:32:32 PDT 2017

Hi Tuxiang,

Could you try again? the problem should now be fixed (otherwise please
let us know; Emanuele is the main contact for GEOCUBIT). To get the new
version of the code, just type "git pull".

On 06/14/2017 04:59 AM, tu xiang wrote:
> Hi, everyone
>
> I have successfully compiled the SPECFEM3D, and I have constructed my
> own mesh model with Trelis/CUBIT software in python script. However,
> while I export the mesh model to SPECFEM3D format using
> cubit2specfem3d.py of GEOCUBIT, I met some problems.
>

> After I successfully compiled the xcheck_mesh_quality,
> xconvolve_source_timefunction, xdecompose_mesh,  xgenerate_databases,
>   xmeshfem3D, xspecfem3D code in SPECFEM3D and installed the Trelis
> software, then I added the path to my .bashrc file:
>
> export
> PYTHONPATH=$PYTHONPATH:/home/soft/specfem3d-master/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib
> export PATH=$PATH:/home/soft/specfem3d-master/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib
>
> But when I export the mesh model with:
>
> cubit2specfem3d.export2SPECFEM3D('MESH')
>
> command,
>
> it output errors:
>
> Trelis>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
> File
> "/home/bei/specfem3d-master/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib/cubit2specfem3d.py",
> line 1464, in export2SPECFEM3D
> sem_mesh = mesh(hex27, cpml, cpml_size, top_absorbing)
> File
> "/home/bei/specfem3d-master/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib/cubit2specfem3d.py",
> line 467, in __init__
> self.block_definition()
> File
> "/home/bei/specfem3d-master/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib/cubit2specfem3d.py",
> line 554, in block_definition
> if qk < 0 or qmu < 0:
> UnboundLocalError: local variable 'qk' referenced before assignment
> Trelis>
> Is anybody can help me?
>

> I look forward to your response.
> Best regards,
>
> tuxiang

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr