[CIG-SEISMO] need help with define_external_model.f90 in specfem2D

ignazio damiani ignaziodamiani at yahoo.it
Thu Mar 9 08:21:38 PST 2017

Dear all,
I'm using specfem2D and I'm trying to assign an external velocity model. The aim is to create a model with lateral variation of seismic wave velocities and density.
 I'm trying to use define_external_model.f90 file but even though I suppress the routine for the AK135F, the function doesn't work.
I always get the same error:

> External model: ak135-f
>  STOP wrong flag number

This is what i'm doing:
firstly, i set in Par_file MODEL=external.
Secondly, in read_external_model.f90 i set: case ('external') call define_external_model_dummy().
> And finally in define_external_model.f90 i leave the subroutine as define_external_model_dummy(), i suppress the AK135F routine and i modify the number of material_element(ispec) based on my coordinates and region.
> What's wrong? because it remains the error.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks Dimitri for the help and for giving me your email.

Best regards

Ignazio Damiani
--
Msc in Exploration and Applied Geophysics. Pisa. Italy