[CIG-SEISMO] some problems in gravity calculation of SPECFEM3D

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Wed Nov 29 04:43:53 PST 2017

Hi Ming Zhap,

Thank you for your message!
That is strange, because we used it successfully for instance in
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_Martin_gravimetry_2017.pdf and
in http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_Roland_Martin_2013.pdf .

Could you configure the code with --enable-debug and try again?

Also, note that the recording stations must be above the surface, since
the integrals contain a 1/r term the formulation used is not suitable
for calculation at the surface, it is fine only above the surface.

Thank you,

On 11/29/2017 10:34 AM, zm wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to use specfem3d to calculate gravity integration of a very
> simple model(see attachment 2,the central block has different
> density).However,it seems the gravity field is quite rough and
> uneven,look at attachment 1,it seems related to the mesh,but it is a
> simple and regular mesh,what could it be?Anyone has any ideas,thanks!
>
> Best
>
> Ming Zhap

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr