[CIG-SEISMO] [Specfem3D Cartesian]- Using a CMTSOLUTION source to trigger a critically-stressed fault

Surendra Nadh Somala surendra at iith.ac.in
Tue Apr 10 00:01:41 PDT 2018

Dear Ge,

Currently, the implementation is such that all the fault in a particular
simulation should be either Kinematic or Dynamic.
Nevertheless, you can run a kinematic simulation, observe the stress
changes on the other fault and setup a dynamic rupture simulation based on
the updated stresses.

Btw, what is the magnitude of the point source (CMTSOLUTION) you have put
in your simulation?

Best,
Surendra

*Surendra Nadh Somala*
Assistant Professor
Department of Civil Engineering (Block-E, 208)
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad
Kandi, Sangareddy
Telangana, India - 502285
Phone : +91 (0)40 2301-8457
http://civil.iith.ac.in/surendra/