[CIG-SEISMO] CIG Webinar 4/17 *** TOMORROW ***: New developments in AxiSEM/Instaseis for seismic wave propagation on local scales

Avinash Nayak avinash07guddu at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 14:21:13 PDT 2018

Hi Lorraine,
Sorry for this email. Can you please confirm the time of the meeting. The
email says 11 AM Pacific Time but when I click on the zoom link it shows
the option of 2 PM Pacific Time. There might be something wrong with my
computer.
Thanks.
Avinash

On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM, Lorraine Hwang <ljhwang at ucdavis.edu>
wrote:

> *TUESDAY, APRIL 17 @11A PT New developments in AxiSEM/Instaseis for
> seismic wave propagation on local scales*
>
> *Lion Krischer, Tarje Nissen-Meyer, Simon Staehler, and Martin van Driel,
> ETH Zurich*
>
> Instaseis (http://instaseis.net <http://instaseis.net/) is a Python tool
> to quickly extract high-frequency seismograms for any source-receiver
> geometry from databases generated with AxiSEM (http://axisem.info/). So
> far it has been limited to global datasets, which in turn limited the
> maximum frequencies due to exploding storage requirements; a number of
> global databases are hosted by the IRIS DMC (http://ds.iris.edu/ds/
> products/syngine/). We recently expanded the AxiSEM/Instaseis combination
> to additionally handle local scale simulations as well as databases, which
> enables much higher frequencies.
>
> In this webinar, we present a short overview of the theory behind
> AxiSEM/Instaseis, highlight the new extensions for local scale simulations
> and databases, and show a short practical tutorial on how to use it.
>
> Click the link below to join the webinar using zoom on your PC, Mac,
> Linux, iOS or Android:
>
> https://zoom.us/j/384711375
> Registration is required. Please log in early.
>
> For more information on this and other CIG webinars, please visit us at:
> https://geodynamics.org/cig/events/webinars/

Avinash Nayak,
Research Associate,
Department of Geoscience,