[CIG-SEISMO] Model error in mesh

cristini paul cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Aug 17 14:18:55 PDT 2018

Dear Ed,

Please could you provide more information on the type of error you are
getting.

If it is connected to the quality of the mesh (too distorted) then
depending on the geometry, it is sometimes difficult to get a good mesh
with Gmsh without dividing the geometry into several elementary parts.

Let me also remind you that you need to define your line loops in a
counter clockwise manner as it is done in the Gmsh example provided with
Sepcfem2D otherwise you will get negative jacobians.

Thank you

Best regards

Paul

Le 17/07/2018 à 00:20, ed cas a écrit :
> Dear developers and users,
>

> I have been trying to produce a readable mesh file
> for specfem2d by using gmsh.
>
> I produced the mesh inside gmsh, I saved the mesh and then paste it to
> the MESH directory
>
> and then run the command
>
> python LibGmsh2Specfem_convert_Gmsh_to_Specfem2D_official.py
> model_shallow_v42 -t A -b A -r A -l A
> That produced the five files in the same directory.
>
> Please find attached the file I have been trying to run
> (model_shallow_v42).
>
> However, when running specfem2d gives error telling me about Jacobians,
> I have been trying for a couple of days and cannot get with the error,
> I checked the
> line loops and seems  fine , I have resized the elements and with no
> success.
>
> I was hoping you could help me with this.
> Could you please check my file and indicate me what is wrong with it,
> and any solution.
>
> I would really appreciate your help,
>
> Thank you for your time and help,
>
> Sincerely,

  Paul CRISTINI  Charge de Recherche CNRS (HDR) / CNRS Research Scientist
  CNRS - Laboratoire de Mecanique et d'Acoustique (UMR 7031)
  Bureau 119
  4 Impasse Nikola Tesla, CS 40006, F-13453 Marseille Cedex 13 - France
  mailto: cristini at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
  phone number: +33 (0)4 84 52 42 51
  http://www.lma.cnrs-mrs.fr/