[CIG-SEISMO] Viewing Specfem3D Globe Mesh

kued bruc bruckued at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 09:47:34 PDT 2018

Greetings,

I am interested in viewing the SPECFEM3DGlobe Mesh created for the
simulations I run, and in particular, extracting the dvs values in a form
that will easily let me open it in other programs.

Section 10.1 of the manual tells us to use the command xcombine_AVS_DX to
view the mesh When run, this only appears to have options to generate a
mesh of the model surface, or along chunk edges or slices.

When I view the AVS output in Paraview or when I read it into other
programs, it seems that none of these options appear to generate a file
that contains information about *every* cell in the mesh, such as that
needed to make Figure 5.1 in the SPECFEM3DGLOBE manual.

Could you point me in the right direction here? I'd like to be able to
extract information about the velocity of every cell in the final mesh.
Sorry if I've missed something obvious here.

Thank you for your help.