[CIG-SEISMO] Some problems with xspecfem3D and the Intel compilers

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Fri Feb 9 05:24:55 PST 2018

Hi Carène and Fabien, Hi all,

Thanks a lot! Since several users have reported problems with this Intel
compiler option, in particular with ifort version 17, let me keep it but
turn it off by default (in 2D, 3D, and 3D_GLOBE).

When it works fine it does speed up I/Os significantly though, thus
worth trying it. I will mention that in the users manual (of 2D, 3D, and
3D_GLOBE).

Thanks!

On 02/09/2018 11:04 AM, Fabien Dubuffet wrote:
> Hello Carene,
>
> I have tried your solution, and the '-assume nobuffered_io' flag solves
> this problem.
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Fabien
>
> Le 09/02/18 à 00:49, Larmat, Carene a écrit :
>> I had some success bypassing some intel compiler issues using
>> -assume nobuffered_io for those of us who are imposed to work with new
>> versions.
>> Cheers!
>>
>> Carene Larmat, EES-17, MS D452
>> carene at lanl.gov <mailto:carene at lanl.gov>, 505 667 2074

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr