[CIG-SEISMO] Fwd: Attenuation

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Thu Jan 11 10:29:26 PST 2018

Dear Anamika,

That paper is old, it is more or less this except that in the current
version we accommodate QKappa in addition to Qmu, i.e. we also handle
non-deviatoric terms, and we compute the convolutions more accurately,
typically using:

         ! update e1, e11, e13 in convolution formulation with modified
recursive convolution scheme on basis of
         ! second-order accurate convolution term calculation from
equation (21) of
         ! Shumin Wang, Robert Lee, and Fernando L. Teixeira,
         ! Anisotropic-medium PML for vector FETD with modified basis
functions,
         ! IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 54, no.
1, (2006)

On 01/10/2018 07:22 PM, Anamika Pandey wrote:

> Dear Seismo team,
>
> I am seeking some help regarding the attenuation implementation in Specfem.
> I just want to be sure for some of my literature surveys before getting
> into the
> Specfem source code. Followings are my queries, I would be very grateful
> for
> your input
>
> 1.) Are equations (5)-(8) from paper KomatitschandTromp-1999 (I am
> attaching the paper for your reference) considered,
> so it has been actually solved in the time domain or Fourier frequency
> domain?
>
> 2.) In case, these equations have been simulated what is the initial
> condition of equation(6)?
> 3.) How to get the stress and strain relaxation time?
>

> Thank you very much!
> Anamika
>

> --
> anamika

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr