[CIG-SEISMO] specfem3d_globe-7.0.0 overflow

Seiji Tsuboi tsuboi at jamstec.go.jp
Mon Jul 2 00:41:53 PDT 2018

Dear Sir,

I have used specfem3d_globe-7.0.0 on intel cluster and have overflow
problems.
If I set NPROC=16 and NEX=768 (1536 cores), I could calculate seismograms
correctly. However if I increase NEX, for example NPROC=17, NEX=816 (1734
cores), xspecfem3D stops with overflow in the very beginning of
computation. ATTENUATION is set as true and it seems that the program
overflows in "multiply_accel_elastic" routine. I tried both ifort and
gfortran but the situation is the same. I would be grateful if someone
would let me know how I should solve this issue.

Best regards,
Seiji Tsuboi