[CIG-SEISMO] what is fi in get_poroelastic_velocities.f90

Morency, Christina E. morency1 at llnl.gov
Fri Jul 27 11:34:51 PDT 2018

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the connection. J'espere que tout va bien!

Johannes - I see another email from you. I will take this conversion offline shortly.

Cheers,
Chris

On 7/27/18, 10:33 AM, "Dimitri Komatitsch" <komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr> wrote:

    Dear Johannes,

    You can refer to
    https://authors.library.caltech.edu/13230/1/MORgji08.pdf and
    https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1111/j.1365-246X.2011.04985.x
    (you can also contact Christina, cc'ed)

    On 07/27/2018 07:10 PM, johannes aichele wrote:
    > Dear Specfem experts,
    >
    > I am totally new to specfem and currently try to understand the
    > get_poroelastic_velocities.f90 script.
    > To my understanding it calculates the wave speeds in a poroelastic
    > medium from the 7 Biot parameters.
    > (mu_fr,phi, tort,rho_s,rho_f,eta_f,perm_xx)
    >
    > I understand furthermore  that f0 is the dominant frequency which I
    > guess means the frequency for which the wave speed is analyzed.
    > However I do not get the physical meaning of fi.
    >
    > I would be very grateful if someone could help me out.
    >

    > Kind regards, Johannes Aichele
    >
    > Johannes AICHELE
    > Phd Student - Doctorant
    > Laboratoire Applications Thérapeutiques des Ultrasons
    > LabTAU, INSERM unité 1032
    > 151 cours Albert Thomas
    > 69424 LYON Cedex 03
    > France

    Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
    Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
    http://komatitsch.free.fr