[CIG-SEISMO] About building topographic meshes

Zongbo Xu zongboxu at u.boisestate.edu
Thu Jun 28 15:41:11 PDT 2018

Hi SPECFEM3D developers

I was trying to build topographic meshes for SPECFEM3D. I tried Trelis
(Cubit) and internal mesher. I found issues with both:

1. Trelis. I tried the topography_model examples in CUBIT_GEOCUBIT, and the
examples did not work. The error I got is

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "create_mesh.py", line 16, in <module>
    volumes.volumes(cfg)
  File "/usr/local/specfem3d/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib/volumes.py", line
40, in volumes
    cfg = start.start_cfg(filename=filename)
  File "/usr/local/specfem3d/CUBIT_GEOCUBIT/geocubitlib/start.py", line
173, in start_cfg
    os.makedirs(cfg.working_dir)
AttributeError: 'attrdict' object has no attribute 'working_dir'

I was wondering if someone know how to fix the error.

2. The manual indicates that the internal mesher does not support CPML yet.
I was wondering if someone is improving the internal mesher to support CPML.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
Zongbo