[CIG-SEISMO] Why SPECFEM2D can't deal with adjoint simulation with all boundaries set free?

#HU LEI# LHU004 at e.ntu.edu.sg
Sun Mar 4 18:20:03 PST 2018

Hi, Prof.Komatitsch and whom it may concern,

After typing the commands which you suggested and trying another run with all boundaries set free, I found that the error message in the screen-shot below is all that I got. I exported the simulation log into a file which is attached in this email and named as 'running_log'. From this file, I found that the forward modeling is good while the adjoint simulation stopped at time step = 1000, which indicates that the adjoint simulation did run for a period, but met a problem somewhere during its process.

I strongly suggest that you may first run this 'EXAMPLES/LuoYang_fluid_solid_kernel' case on your own laptop by setting 'STACEY_ABSORBING_CONDITIONS     = .false.' in your SPECFEM2D to see if you also meet this problem, just in case that I might have made mistakes with some setting.

Warm regards,

Ray
[https://outlook.office.com/owa/service.svc/s/GetFileAttachment?id=AAMkADY1YTk5NTlmLTk4ZWEtNGVmYS04YzkwLTZlZTYyYmFjMzEwZABGAAAAAACLRP8oPOz8RZpU%2B40JfAOoBwBoaJqhvzRZSrqLvSbQOhMFAAAAAAEJAABoaJqhvzRZSrqLvSbQOhMFAAGT81WhAAABEgAQAKMGNZSb1GdLkhaVgejOryw%3D&X-OWA-CANARY=iaIYowiveUSiP8GwwwCYEkDcdT4-gtUYGyS1_AahLX2kSpotOoSVpeV9Ww8aknfXNw5QyU5-BNA.&isImagePreview=True]