[CIG-SEISMO] I want to learn SPECFEM2d or SPECFEM3D

Dimitri Komatitsch komatitsch at lma.cnrs-mrs.fr
Mon Nov 26 16:05:37 PST 2018

Dear Sam Tang,

Sure. You can read introduction papers such as
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_1999_figure16_error_fixed_equation3_typo_fixed.pdf
or http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/Cristini_JASA_2012.pdf or
http://komatitsch.free.fr/preprints/GJI_SPECFEM3D_version2_2011.pdf for
instance, and you can also run the examples that are in the EXAMPLES
directory. This is usually how people start to learn how to use the code.

On 11/24/18 5:09 AM, Sam Tang wrote:
> Hi,
> My name is Tang Yang.
> I am from China.
> I want to learn specfem2d.Can you give me some advise?
> Can you give me some basic learning materials not something like mannul?
> Could you tell me how can I add seismic parameters to specfem2d?
> Can I calculate focal mechanism solution usingĀ  five or more single
> component microseismic sensors?
> Thank you very much!
> Best wishes!
> Tang
> 2018-11-24

Dimitri Komatitsch, CNRS Research Director (DR CNRS)
Laboratory of Mechanics and Acoustics, Marseille, France
http://komatitsch.free.fr