[CIG-SEISMO] Increasing specfem Grid

Leandro Gazoni lgazoni at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:42:41 PST 2019

Dear,

My name is Leandro Gazoni, I have a doctorate in computational mechanics
from the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro / Brazil. I'm doing some
studies with the use of SprecFem3d. I'm currently having problems running
specfem on a cluster.

I have a simple case that I can run with no errors in the clause with a
grid size of 128x128x30. When I try to refine the gride of this same
problem to the dimensions of 256x256x60. Specfem displays the following
error. Please can you help me.

---
File: T02-256x256x60-16p.o137647

Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous
arithmetic operation.

Backtrace for this error:
A process has executed an operation involving a call to the
"fork()" system call to create a child process.  Open MPI is currently
operating in a condition that could result in memory corruption or
other system errors; your job may hang, crash, or produce silent
data corruption.  The use of fork() (or system() or other calls that
create child processes) is strongly discouraged.

The process that invoked fork was:

  Local host:          [[26656,1],5] (PID 20263)

If you are *absolutely sure* that your application will successfully
and correctly survive a call to fork(), you may disable this warning
by setting the mpi_warn_on_fork MCA parameter to 0.
#0  0x2AAAAB448507
#1  0x2AAAAB447700
#2  0x2AAAAC0F613F
#3  0x42A5D1 in compute_forces_viscoelastic_ at
compute_forces_viscoelastic.f90:630
#4  0x424507 in compute_forces_viscoelastic_calling_ at
compute_forces_viscoelastic_calling_routine.F90:71
#5  0x48D0D5 in iterate_time_ at iterate_time.F90:241 (discriminator 1)

Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous
arithmetic operation.

Backtrace for this error:

Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous
arithmetic operation.

Backtrace for this error:

Program received signal SIGFPE: Floating-point exception - erroneous
arithmetic operation.

Backtrace for this error:
mpirun noticed that process rank 5 with PID 0 on node r2i1n11 exited on
signal 8 (Floating point exception).
[r2i1n11:20253] 3 more processes have sent help message
help-opal-runtime.txt / opal_init:warn-fork
[r2i1n11:20253] Set MCA parameter "orte_base_help_aggregate" to 0 to see
all help / error messages
---

Regards,
Leandro Gazoni