[CIG-SHORT] Lithomop (soon to be PyLith) status

cig-short at geodynamics.org cig-short
Sat Apr 9 08:09:15 PDT 2005

Dear CIG-short List Members,

I have checked in and tagged a version of Lithomop that works for the
test problems I have come up with so far (tests include simple, split
nodes, and slippery nodes).  The version tag is r20050408, and this
should be regarded as the current stable version.  Anyone that wants to
try the code out should use this version (keep in mind that it requires
pythia-0.8, MPI, and PETSc), and it will serve as the starting point
for new improvements.  Not all of the examples have been updated.
Those that have are:

examples/lintet/bm1a
examples/lintet/bm1b
examples/lintet/bm5
examples/linhex/bm1
examples/linhex/bm1a
examples/linhex/slip1

I may try to update some other examples later today.  If I do, I will
retag them.  For anyone that still wants to use the non-PETSc version,
I need to migrate a patch back to the previous version (r20050223).
When I do, I will retag that as r20050223a.

Hopefully, this is the last non-parallel version.  Anticipated
improvements in the very near future include parallelization and the
use of Brad's spatial database for material properties.   The name
change (from Lithomop to PyLith) will also be happening soon.  I also
plan to start a PyLith section under the Software category at
geodynamics.org that will have information for users.

Charles

Charles A. Williams
Dept. of Earth & Environmental Sciences
Science Center, 2C01B