[CIG-SHORT] Reverse-Slip (no gravity) benchmark

Eric Andreas Hetland eah at gps.caltech.edu
Fri Jul 7 13:41:11 PDT 2006

OK - did not mean to throw a wrench into the cogs here, just pointing out
that when comparing the results all the models should use the same BC's...
And if we compare the FE results to an okada implementation, it should match
the one that was used to generate the BCs.

It was my understanding at the meeting that Hager wanted an Okada that
closer matched the slip distribution in the FE models, and I volunteered to
get this online by today... I will regenerate the BC's from the tar-balls
that Charles put up (generate new *.bc files), using a finer resolution
slip-distribution. I will email these to Charles within an hour or so.

Also, there is a matlab script there to generate the BC's (using the finer
slip-dist) for the strike-slip model. Either send me the FE node positions
for the SS model and I can generate the BCs, or grab the script from the CIG
folder...

 - Eric...