[CIG-SHORT] Benchmark: Reverse Fault Grids

Carl W. Gable gable at lanl.gov
Thu Jul 20 13:54:31 PDT 2006

This is still a work in progress, but I'm going to
be gone until monday so I'm putting up what I
have so far for the Reverse Fault benchmark grids.

I've build three sets of grids, each set has
three different resolution for a total of 9 grids.

Uniform Grids:
The first set is uniform grids, node spacing of
1000m, 500m, 250m.

Variable Resolution, no smoothing:
The second set is grids that start at 1000m resolution
and then refine elements adjacent to the fault to,
500m, 250m and 125m.

Variable Resolution, with smoothing:
The third set is grids that start at 1000m resolution
and then refine elements adjacent to the fault to,
500m, 250m and 125m. In addition, smoothing is applied
to interior nodes to produce a more isotropic mesh.

See:

http://meshing.lanl.gov/proj/crustal_dyn_reverse_fault_bm/catalog.html

Or go to:

http://meshing.lanl.gov/proj

and look for the Benchmark: Reverse Fault link.

Cheers,
Carl

----------------------------------
Dr. Carl W. Gable, Staff Scientist

Voice 505-665-3533 Fax   505-665-8737
Email gable at lanl.gov
http://www.ees.lanl.gov/staff/gable

EES-6, MS T003
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Los Alamos NM 87545

Hydrology, Geochemistry & Geology Group (EES-6)
Focus: Geophysics, Hydrology, Mesh Generation
Correspondence / TSPA