[CIG-SHORT] Lithomap manual

Leif Strand leif at geodynamics.org
Wed Jun 7 15:25:51 PDT 2006

Hi Sanjay,

At present there is no manual. Although the authors are busy working on
Lithomop's successor, called PyLith, which will have a manual.

In the meantime, you may find this tutorial helpful:

http://www.geodynamics.org/cig/Members/willic3/pylithusers/lithomopinstallation/scecbm5tutorial

Note that this tutorial is somewhat dated. In a particular, you should
ignore any references to "mm" -- instead, refer to the "test.sh" files
(see below), create your own scripts or makefiles, or run
lithomop3dapp.py manually.

There are examples included in the tar file you installed. The following
commands will run examples:

cd lithomop3d/examples
make check

The commands used are in test.sh files which you can examine:

vi */*/test.sh*

(There is also a template, linhex/ps1/test.sh.in, which is used to
generate the linhex/ps1 tests.)

Let us know if you encounter any problems.

--
Leif Strand
http://geodynamics.org/