[CIG-SHORT] GeoFEST 2D models

Kush Tandon kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon May 15 07:52:38 PDT 2006

Dear Carl,

Yes, I am looking for fairly large, geologically interesting 2D
GeoFEST models. Greg Lyzenga and his team are working on large 3D
models. Right now, for debugging purposes for Data assimilation, we
are currently confining to 2D models.

Malcolm Pierce @ Indiana University do have web portal for GeoFEST
models. I will continue to work with them too. I do not have LaGriT
but I will I install it soon and work with that too.

Thank you.

Cheers,

Kush

> Kush,
>
> I've not built any GeoFEST models, however,
> I did add GeoFEST as an output option for LaGriT
> mesh generation.
>
> I could for example add GeoFEST output to the
> benchmark problems:
>
> http://meshing.lanl.gov/proj/crustal_dyn_bm5/catalog.html
> http://meshing.lanl.gov/proj/crustal_dyn_bm7/benchmark_7.html
> http://meshing.lanl.gov/proj/crustal_dyn_cbm/cbm_subset01/
> cbm_subset01.html
>
> Or, if you have LaGriT you could make GeoFEST output with two
> commands:
>
> read / avs     / filename / mo_name
> dump / geofest / filename / mo_name
>

> Cheers,
> Carl

Kush Tandon
104 COAS Admin. Bldg., Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331
Phones: (541) 737-9658 (Office); (541) 758-2217 (Home)
Emails: kush at coas.oregonstate.edu
kushtandon at yahoo.com
kushtandon at gmail.com

http://www.coas.oregonstate.edu/index.cfm?