[CIG-SHORT] Re: GeoFEST runs for strike-slip model (Jiangning L?)

Jiangning Lu johnnylu at MIT.EDU
Wed Sep 6 11:43:47 PDT 2006

Hello, Charles

I got your files and tried to run them here, the result is the same:
the 1km case works well, but 500m and 250m cases still don't go.
I compared the 1km *.jpl files made by you and me, they are exactly the same.
It seems that the GeoFEST version I use just can't handle models with large
element numeber.

Probably GeoFEST at MIT need to be updated...
The GeoFEST version I use is:
GeoFEST 4.5
PYRAMID  DEMO Version 1.9,
The error info:

PYRAMID Unstructured AMR Library
DEMO Version 1.9,  9/ 6/2006 at 14 hrs 33 min 14 sec
Initialized:    32 processors using double precision reals
Welcome to the Geophysical Finite Element Simulation Tool (GeoFEST 4.5)
(/home/jlu/bin/geofestmpi)
PYRAMID Current Time:   1.040000000016583E-004

p1_16053:  p4_error: net_recv read:  probable EOF on socket: 1
p3_8838:  p4_error: net_recv read:  probable EOF on socket: 1
p2_8816:  p4_error: net_recv read:  probable EOF on socket: 1
p5_5619:  p4_error: net_recv read:  probable EOF on socket: 1

Jiangning